Sunday, January 17, 2010

The house

As I thought through the last two episodes of my life, I knew I needed to at least pray about whether God might be leading me to change direction. I began to seek counsel and ask for prayer from folks who know me well.

On August 25, I got a call from my realtor. She was excited to tell me our offer on the house was accepted! Imagine my surprise when the first "feeling" I had was one of disappointment. Wow. Not what I expected at all.

The next day, we had an inspection done, and though there were cosmetic issues, there was nothing significant that should cause me not to take the house. The day after that, my realtor called again. The sale of the house was being suspended indefinitely (long story!). Suddenly, I might not have a house at all, or wouldn't have it for a very long time.

By Aug 31, I was convinced I should investigate the role in Ukraine that Steve mentioned. I met with my realtor and decided to withdraw the offer on the house rather than wait on it, even though it meant I might loose the earnest money I had put down. There were other potential financial penalties, too.

Meanwhile, my condo had sold and was set to close on Sep 8. I was about to be without a home. But, I would be in a much better position to evaluate any future changes that God might have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment